Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our bad driver and a forgotten blog (Mhari)

(Mhari)  We normally have good rickshaw drivers. A few have gone a bit fast and or have been a bit aggressive but most are good. Today, we had the worst driver yet. First he bumped a parked rickshaw that he could have avoided. Then we came to some cows blocking the road. Instead of honking and inching forward, he inched forward silently. The cows started to fight. We passed one but the other one (with smaller horns) was too focused on fighting to move. Our rickshaw driver ran over his hoof which made the cow fall down. After we passed, the cow quickly limped away from the other cow. I guess our driver is not a Hindu; as cows are holy for the Hindus.

(An older blog entry that I forgot about: We had an interesting train ride from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur as we tried to explain ice hockey to three Indian men. We ended up using a notebook to draw them pictures. The train ride would have been good if I hadn't decided to go sit on the top bunk. The light was right above my eyes for six hours and I got a really bad headache. After a good nights sleep I felt better again.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mhari! Can you and Sam post some pictures of your new shoes? I'm just catching up with you guys. You may know we've had wind-chill values down near -40 in Brandon the last few days. Soak up some rays for me! --Caley

    ReplyDelete